AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Fan vs Racoon
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 7/12/2020 07:43 (#8368576 - in reply to #8368549)
Subject: Rest of the story -

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I was taking it over to a neighbors shop to work on it on a Sunday afternoon. Some locals happened to be present drinking beer. As I crawled down I announced that I believed I had a coon behind door #1 after the old quiz show on TV. One brave soul grabbed a pair of welding gloves and was going to take it on. As he opened the access door, the raccoon left the area and made its way behind the engine. These guys wanted to shoot it. I said no way inside my combine. We tried prodding it out but it wouldn't move. One guy grabbed a 4' air nozzle and hooked up an air line to it. He was able to reach up from the floor and blow air into its face and eyes. This caused the raccoon to leave the combine and make a lap around the shop while heading for the door. The owner had a small dog who went after the raccoon that ran under a parked car. The dog hit his head and knocked himself out as the coon ran up a tree. The owner went in the house and came out with a shotgun and shot the coon out of the tree. The little dog recovered and carried parts of the raccoon around for the next week as a prize.

Entertaining afternoon with no combine damage. I don't want another coon incident.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)