AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Lake house for long term investment property?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Wenvrseenthathapnb4
Posted 7/8/2020 22:15 (#8362438 - in reply to #8361787)
Subject: RE: Lake house for long term investment property?

NWMO
I look at as more of a short term (our lifetime) leisure thing. Kids get older, have their own things going on and don't make it back "home" as often but meeting at the Lake seems to work out real well. We don't VRBO it but do invite friends down. We rented places almost yearly since the early 80's. The flexibility to go when you want/can is nice. We have only owned it about 5 years but the value has increased. I think going forward it has very good chance to hold it's value and increase as companies get used to employees working from home. (LAKE). There are several that I know of in our area that worked from the Lake since March. It needs very good internet access. Wireless internet on Holidays is very slow. I know the building and market is doing well around the Lake of the Ozarks but I imagine it is like that around most lakes now. I say do it quickly if you have something spotted. Downside, It is another house/yard upkeep (boat and other toys) taxes etc. I am not sure it is NAT approved though and you get what you pay for in advice. Good Luck !

Edit: Things to keep in mind, septic systems, electric up to code on docks, possible restrictions on renting it out. Permits needed I don't have any horror stories yet but there were several things "not in the Brochure"

Edited by Wenvrseenthathapnb4 7/8/2020 22:22
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)