AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Dicamba Rant
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

WIJDW
Posted 7/7/2020 09:28 (#8359060 - in reply to #8358517)
Subject: RE: Dicamba Rant

packerfan - 7/6/2020 22:59

All Enlist beans have a sort of puckered look to them around here. They don’t look like dicamba damage to me, though. I’m wondering if there’s a natural response to the 2,4d that makes them look like that? If it’s true dicamba, they’ll never completely outgrow it.

With my enlist beans, they haven't had any 2-4D products sprayed on them, pre or post, just liberty and outlook post, and were puckered before I sprayed them post. Have some by a road that are puckered tight as I've ever seen at the top, but still growing good with normal leaves underneath and blooming, My theory is the dicamba flowed down S. especially good down the T. backroad with trees on both sides of the road and hit the endrows the hardest, as there's big extend fields directly South,SW and SE. Also have waves mainly heading in a NW direction thru field of puckered beans. Had lots of SE winds a couple weeks ago.
Anyway, doesn't look as bad as previous years, but that may be due to the enlist handling it better than straight LL.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)