AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Defunding Police
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

iseedit
Posted 7/3/2020 07:43 (#8351113 - in reply to #8351043)
Subject: RE: Defunding Police

central - east central Minnesota -

Jrditchdigger - 7/3/2020 07:08 Can someone explain to me what this means exactly? I have tried to read up on it but have found the articles all over the place. I get they want to use money differently, for education, help with the youth, and help with mental issues. Sounds good but what do they implement that works? Are you going to send a therapist into situations where knives and guns are probably present? One person interviewed said the police waste all of their time on traffic tickets, broken windows, and domestic issues. If they are spending all of their times writing traffic tickets in the metro what would it be like on the interstate? I guess 100 mph is the the norm then. Also heard more neighborhood watch groups. Isn’t that how Trevon was killed and didn’t that start riots? Kind of laughed about the whole thing but Minneapolis seems to be embracing this thing. Talked to my cousin last night and he is planning on getting out, looking at rural property in the SE part of the state. He works from home anyway. My younger cousin lives in St Paul in an older neighborhood, 4 young kids. I know his brother is urging him to get out also, but I am don’t know if he has the financial means to do it. Am glad I don’t need to go to the cities anymore for any reason, maybe the could fence it all off with chain link fence and razor wire. Glad I don’t own any retail property in Minneapolis. 

It all applies to the "Goody twoshoe, give everyone a trophy" generation (mpls council members). They want money for their "pet" project and think they know how to solve the issues with "Retraining" the young gangsters. The reality is it just doesn't work. Nothing works like force and punishment - Starts with the Parents and there are so many examples of that stereo type (don't take me wrongly - there are many, many good parents in that area too - but they are trying to get out to safer areas and many have).

Back to original question - some on the council want to literally abolish the police (and protection) completely, some just want to get some of the protection funds for their projects to experiment. Now some council members have given the "Police" protection unit a different name and claiming they no longer have "police" - well, isn't that new and exciting . . . .  It has quitted down a bit on the defunding front, since the front line officers have been out trying to enforce the gangbangers from killing each other and then the Parents of those shot claiming they need protection and enforcement of laws . . . . . . 

The real answer to your question - Nobody knows what Defunding the Police means at this time . . . . . .

Edited by iseedit 7/3/2020 07:45
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)