AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

teach me about joint compound
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Up Nort
Posted 7/5/2020 10:35 (#8355030 - in reply to #8354227)
Subject: RE: teach me about joint compound

The level of finish on the walls is something that a person needs to make a decision on. Just hanging the board looks so much better than bare studs. Taping the seams is a bit of work, but it does make it look more finished. You do not need to work to the level of perfection that some of the videos show- that is more for folks that are wanting a good looking smooth wall in a house. If you are going to shoot some texture on it, you do not need to have perfect walls. (That said, texture will not perfectly hide a crappy taping job.) Even on a tape only job, I would shoot a coat of primer on it. Over time, the paper and the mudded areas will change color. Painted will look better.

If I were to do a garage interior, I would tape the seams to a reasonable level. Do not go nuts on the sanding, it is not required to be flawless. Then I would shoot some texture on it. This takes care of the shadows that make any defects really show up. I still have work to do on my texture skills. It takes a lot of air to shoot a good orange peel. I shot a knock down texture in a spare room in Arizona, and it looks great! Knockdown is very forgiving, to a point. But there is a learning curve.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)