AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Controlling outback steering valve with Trimble display
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

co2shaun
Posted 6/30/2020 09:09 (#8344942 - in reply to #8343340)
Subject: RE: Controlling outback steering valve with Trimble display

NW KS
I have a raven valve that I am running with a navII controller. I don't have very many hours on this setup and am still somewhat testing it. It is currently in use now through. So far everything seems to be working the same as any other autopilot system. I think it could still use a little more fine tuning but I haven't had time to play with the settings a little.

As has already been mentioned you need to determine if the valve has proportional flow control or is simply on-off. The proportional valve is the one that you want. I have heard of the on-off valve being used but the settings for the nav controller would be a compromise between going back on the guidance line after a turn and staying on the line when within a few inches of it. The first needs larger wheel movements and the second requires finer adjustments. Another area you need to look at is the steering override sensor. You will need to figure out what the trimble vehicle profile is expecting and what the steering valve has available.

One other tip is to take the part numbers off the individual components of the valve block. The ones of most interest are the ones with the electrical connectors. You will most likely be able to find out what kind of valve has been used and information on the override sensor.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)