AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Marketing plan
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Palmtopper
Posted 6/20/2020 14:28 (#8325713)
Subject: Marketing plan

SE Iowa
Just a note to suggest that everyone should get a marketing plan in order.. In the past yr I have seen alot of emotional posts looking at wx forcasts and surplus or lack of rain contributing looking at own crops (backyarditis i guess thats what they call it) and then missed hedging 4.50 cz.. dont be that guy this yr.

Here is a shocker... the market doesnt care what your crop condition is on your farm. There will be have and have nots it just the nature of the beast but looks at a general outlook.. you can fight the usda but if you concede that maybe they are a better guess than a joe blow on nat then you can make a informed decision that will protect your bottom line.

That being said we are getting into a point in the yr that hard decisions have to be made. July is make or brk time opportunity will present to get some protection on. Corn market is most at risk so buying a put selling a call on a strike is a good way to get something on the books. Timing is still in question but going back to my opening line lets get a plan.

Maybe i am all wet that you all have one already but to be honest I dont see that coming from the posts.. this is the reason for mine.. I wish all a profitable year.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)