AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

field iq experts...hagie sprayer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

mkurkowski
Posted 6/17/2020 22:36 (#8321195)
Subject: field iq experts...hagie sprayer

Ogallala,NE
2014 sts12, fm1000

It is working, but there's some things that really bug me. Just wondering if they can be fixed in the settings.

When you are ready to start a field and turn the pump on the pressure will not come up. You have to flip the 1/2/manual switch to manual and push rate + about a thousand times to get the gauge to come up and build some pressure. Then flip it back to your rate and good to go the rest of the field. If you don't do this the first pass will have a skip because it takes too long to spool the pump the first time.

Next thing, when coming out the end of a field into the headland at an angle. As the sections shut off one at a time, my pressure drops as each section goes off. If the angle is just wrong, my pressure will drop from 60psi to 20psi or even below, even though my speed hasn't changed. I'm fairly sure whats causing this is the pump slowing down (as it should, as sections go off) faster than the section valves close. If the angle of the headland is just wrong, the pump will have dropped it's rate for 3 or 4 sections going off, before the first section valve gets closed. How do I solve this? It's pretty annoying, I'm not getting enough solution on when this happens.

Next, how do you set your minimum flow setting? I'm guessing its the lowest rate in gpm that will keep all nozzles flowing? So is this the setting that's supposed to build my pressure when I first start the pump? Does this setting apply the whole time the pump is on, or only when spraying? Does my agitation affect it? I always turn my agitation off with 100 gallons left so I can suck the tank completely out. But when I close the agitation this should affect the minimum flow setting, because it will take a lot less pwm to deliver the same liquid to the booms. It just bugs me when I don't completely understand how something works, so this is bugging me.

Last sprayer I ran was a 4420 with an insight and that one I could wrap my head around how it worked. This one still has me puzzled.

Finally, would I have these problems with an incommand and direct command?

Thanks guys.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)