AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Agfinity mobile app for marking tile etc.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 6/15/2020 06:31 (#8316094 - in reply to #8315447)
Subject: RE: Agfinity mobile app for marking tile etc.

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I am using Ag Finiti Mobile V 4.6.1.on an iPad Pro. I have not subscribed to the yearly license and just use Ag Finiti in its basic stripped down sense. When I check out the sub menus under the three lines I do not see the options in your screen shot. I'm assuming this is because I do not have the yearly license

What I described yesterday about marking rocks was to use Ag Finiti on the iPad itself. This was not related to using the InCommand. My notes would not be marks on the InCommand. Currently I have the iPad in the planting and spraying tractors. The data from the InCommand gets transferred to the Ag Finiti app when an operation in a field is completed. The rest of the time it is just along for the ride and most of the time is ASLEEP. If I had it ON, Ag Finiti would be showing my position as I moved within the field. I could push and hold the location indicator on the iPad to allow me to create a note. Later the iPad itself could be hand carried to help locate the rocks. The InCommand itself would not be involved with my note marking procedure for rocks. We only have three tile inlets at this time. They are marked with physical flags making them easy to see except for corn harvest.

Using inner boundaries to mark a tile inlet on the InCommand itself might be fine and would have some advantages. I'm thinking this could cause a problem with auto swath though. An outer boundary would be required and then inner boundaries could be created around the tile inlets. You suggest a 150' circle. I'm thinking auto swath would shut off my planter and/or sprayer when I got within that circle unless I purposely deactivated auto swath when I was close to the inlet.

I believe the main purpose of the inner boundary is to create "No spray zones" or the like. This would be great for the manure buffer situation and would automatically stop application. For planting or spraying close to those tile inlets I think it could be counterproductive unless you purposely wanted the 150' circle to remain unplanted or not sprayed. In my case with the sprayer I am usually able to just spray over the top. With the planter I do have to swing out and go around them. Hopefully by chance they are close to the end of the planter so my swing about is reasonably straight.

Edited by tedbear 6/15/2020 07:06
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)