AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Numbness and Tingling
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 6/6/2020 07:36 (#8300834 - in reply to #8300709)
Subject: what we eat makes more difference than I ever imagined

Pittsburg, Kansas

Wow. That is pretty powerful testimony.

It is hard for a lot of people to imagine that their diet could be causing part of their problems. Heck I would not believe it if it had it not happened to me personally. I am the worlds greatest skeptic on such things.

Early on in life we tend to have cast iron stomachs. We can eat anything and not gain weight or appear to have health deterioration, at least for a few years. Then somewhere around mid life a little weight creeps on, a bit of a pot belly, we have more aches and pains, but we just chalk it up to getting older. Then in my case I was diagnosed with diabetes and things went down hill from there health wise. All the sudden I'm 64 and taking 100 units of insulin a day and a half dozen prescription medications.

But then I get on a more healthy diet, get off all the insulin and medications, and feel better than I have felt in 20 years. Mot to mention dropping the extra 100 pounds it took me 40 years to add. But it started making sense once I got to feeling better with the diet change. All the stuff I had been doing diet wise that I thought I could get away with was slowly year by year chipping away at my health. Only when I quit doing the damage was my body able to repair itself. And it did as soon as I quit stuffing bad stuff in my pie hole.

But it is just hard for people to imagine that the diet over the years may have led to a leaky gut allowing toxins to enter the blood stream and lead to various autoimmune diseases. There have been people who have reversed their multiple sclerosis by changing their diet and fixing their leaky gut.

My challenge to anyone is just cut out the sugar, bread, pasta, potatoes, etc (high starch high carbohydrate, highly processed foods) for two weeks. If they feel better do it another couple weeks. If they don't feel better go back to their old way of eating. Costs little to nothing other than a little willpower. In the time it takes waiting for a doctors appointment to come around a person might just find the solution to their problem is what they eat.

When the wife and I partially changed diet (just cut back on that stuff, didn't even cut it out) we knew within a week we were on the right track we both felt so much better. Went cold turkey then and cut out the high carb foods and went to eating only whole foods (avoiding boxed processed stuff) and the rest is history. My results here in this thread.  https://talk.newagtalk.com/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=903006&mid...

But I understand the skepticism. I don't think I would have believed myself had I not experienced it myself.

Only takes a couple weeks to find out if it helps. That is why I keep posting stuff about it. I hope others can find the health benefits I did. What we eat makes a difference. I think the older and more frail we get, the more difference it makes. So glad the information helped you.

I kind of bite my lip sometimes and don't mention it in some threads where I think diet could be part of the problem. People get sick of hearing it so I try to not piss everyone off nagging about it. I am glad you brought it up and mentioned it worked for you.

John

Edited by John Burns 6/6/2020 07:44
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)