AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Our sprayers over the years
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Jon
Posted 6/1/2020 21:48 (#8293512 - in reply to #8293433)
Subject: RE: Our sprayers over the years

Callao Missouri
First year, hired the coop. Never again
Second year I bought a 1 year old 3pt hitch top air sprayer from a friend. 45' booms put it on dads 1066. Thought I had the world by the tail. Outback s2 & 360 for guidance.
Next year I bought an old Gleaner L2 combine. Moved the booms of the 3pt to the feeder house, put the 300 gallon tank in the hopper and sprayed 600 + acres twice that year.
Mid summer a neighbor come wheeling in the driveway about half pi$$ed. He skidded to a stop right beside my old gleaner sprayer and said "boy I'm going to buy you a sprayer" He had hired the coop to spray something for him, they did a half way job of it, sent him a big bill. In the meantime I had sprayed across the fence with my old gleaner and killed everything.

We made an arrangement, found a Tyler patriot sprayer that fit the budget, split everything 50/50. He carried the note, and I sprayed his crops (labor for the interest) It worked out, we still have that sprayer 7-8 years later. We also own fertilizer application equipment together as well now.

Edit to add. One of the worst mistakes of my life was taking that gleaner combine sprayer to a consignment auction that winter and selling it. I don't even remember what it brought. But every year I wish I had it back just to spray corn with while the other one is doing something else.

Edited by Jon 6/1/2020 21:51
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)