AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Our sprayers over the years
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

avaitor
Posted 6/1/2020 21:14 (#8293433)
Subject: Our sprayers over the years

South of Springfield IL

A history of the sprayers that my family has used over the years.  The best thing to happen to sprayers was GPS, auto steer and boom shut off’s. Each up grade that we made was an increase of efficiency and better control of the application.
1965   4010 pulling 13’ jd disk with a jd 3 point sprayer tank, pto pump

1968 4020 pulling disk. I think it was a century saddle tanks, can’t remember the gallons, pto pump

1970 4620’s with jd 220 saddle tanks hyd pump

1976 8630 with 500 gal front mounted tank, hyd pump and a dickey John  with the knobs that you turn. A very good unit.

bought a used Hagie 470 with a 40’ boom, Ford gas engine. Straddled 2 rows and could get stuck in its own tracks.I thought It was a piece of ****.

Late in the 70’s bought a new Hagie 8250. Ran it for three years, sold it for what we paid for it. Good sprayer.

In the early 80’s bought an used semi float spray truck, 1200 gal and a 55’ boom. Gas engine, a 366. Loved it so much we sold all of the other spray equipment.  At the time it was the best piece of machinery that we purchased. Easy to operate, clean out, change tips, could really get a lot done. Went from three tractor sprayers and all of the maintenance to 2 tractors working ground and me spraying with my truck.

1980 We bought a Progressive sprayer out of Bloomington, 1000 gal tank and 40’ wheel boom. Had it set up to band soybean chemicals, had a post bean chem cost of under 5 dollars, had to row cult a week after application. We tried our hand at drill beans and this sprayer was traded in on the drill.

1989 bought a jd 6000 high boy. I put 8500 miles on her. A very good sprayer

Mid 2000’s sold truck and bought a jd 7410. Great sprayer

Traded the 7410 off for a GVM Prowler in 2009. Prowler was a combo unit so now I have a 1200 gal tank, 90’ boom and a dry box. We can switch from one unit to the other unit in an hour. Boom was not to good but the spreader is very good. I still have the prowler but we don’t run liquid any more with it. So far we have put 2500 hours on her.

In 2005 went to a Richy bro’s auction and came home with a jd 7430. Great sprayer.

Traded the 7430 off for a 2016 Hagie STS 12. Thought that I needed a larger tank, chemicals needing more gallons per ac and rather do my own fungicide on corn using generic chem vs airplane.

Hope I haven’t bored you’d to much.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)