AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Starfire pinout and Trimble FMX pinout
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

co2shaun
Posted 5/21/2020 23:01 (#8272611 - in reply to #8272531)
Subject: RE: Starfire pinout and Trimble FMX pinout

NW KS
I'm not super familiar with the Greenstar side of the settings but I believe baud rate and the HZ setting are likely tied together. Higher baud rates can transfer more data in a given time frame so the 10 HZ (output rate) setting should be available with a higher setting. Hz is how many position updates as sent out per second. If you can select the higher hz setting there is no reason you shouldn't do so. Both displays should be able to handle the higher setting. But as long as baud rate matches between the two it should work.

The message type is important. Different messages provide different data from the GPS receiver. The GGA string provides 3D location and accuracy data. VGT deals with heading and ground speed. Each message has a certain format and provides a certain set of data. The two messages I listed are what I had written in some notes on fmx settings that I believe to be correct. You can look up what different Nmea messages do at this link.
https://www.trimble.com/OEM_ReceiverHelp/V4.44/en/NMEA-0183messages_...

I believe the 6 characters you are referring to deals with inputs into a Greenstar system. When inputting latitude and longitude they would only accept 6 characters after the decimal place.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)