AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Covid 19 and vitamin D
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 5/4/2020 17:16 (#8234887 - in reply to #8234797)
Subject: RE: Covid 19 and vitamin D

Pittsburg, Kansas

I don't know why they would be any better or worse.

We just chose the drops because a bottle has 1000 drops and the recommended dose is one drop a day. It is convenient and easy to travel with compared to bigger bottles of pills. So that is kind of why we went with the drops. The pills are probably fine too.

When at home we just put about 1.5 teaspoons of fish oil and 1.5 teaspoons of MCT oil in a Corning shot measuring glass with three drops of the D3-K2 on top and drink it. Like I said, what we do, not a recommendation.

We take the fish oil for the omega 3 and the MCT for ketones for the brain fuel (if there are ketones in the blood the brain will use them in preference over glucose). Many pages back on KT I had linked to studies where as we age the brain can get to where it is not completely fueled by glucose (think Alzheimer's and Parkinson's). Especially true for people with insulin resistance. The brain becomes insulin resistant also not allowing it to use glucose as effectively. So it is kind of an anti-aging thing for the brain to help keep it fully fueled. There is research to this effect. I'll look it back up if anyone wants to see it again.

We take about 3-4 drops a day instead of one to get our total D3 up to around 10,000 units (we get some in a multi vitamin also) and to get the K2 up also. K2 is important to take with D3 because both are important and work in conjunction with calcium. The K2 as I understand it is kind of the director of the calcium and helps make sure the calcium goes to bones instead of soft tissue (think heart disease). There have been a few anecdotal instances of people actually partially reversing calcification in arteries with K2. Studies ongoing now but not much research money to study vitamins that can not be patented.

John

Edited by John Burns 5/4/2020 17:21
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)