AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Friday keto fish lunch during a covid 19 week
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 5/1/2020 13:33 (#8228977)
Subject: Friday keto fish lunch during a covid 19 week

Pittsburg, Kansas

No we are not Catholic, but we cleaned about 40 fish last night (mostly green sunfish and bluegill/green sunfish hybrids) so while wife was canning them this morning made a fried fish lunch.

Consists of the fillets coated in Parmesan cheese (with thyme, garlic powder, paprika, cumin). Sardine fish salad for a side dish (sardines in olive oil, mustard, dill pickle relish, chopped onions, lemon juice). Fish dipping sauce (mayonnaise, mustard, garlic powder, dill pickle relish). A boiled egg. Not pictured bar-b-q pork rinds.

Was delicious.

One of the benefits of covid 19 is that she is not going out to all of her meetings and activities with her fiber and knitting friends. So she stays home and cooks more. I am the beneficiary to that. We used to eat out lots (because a good excuse to hop on the motorcycles for a ride) and have not been out to eat for over a month. Drive through just doesn't get it. She is a better cook than most of the restaurants we frequent anyway, so without the social portion of it just is not appealing.

Her benefit is I will now play Tri-ominoes with her at night. I'm not much of a game board player but we have been playing nightly since the lock-down and she is enjoying it. Have to admit I am enjoying the one on one time with her. Especially if I win. :-)

John

Edited by John Burns 5/1/2020 13:41

(20200501_124333 (full).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 20200501_124333 (full).jpg (72KB - 175 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)