AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Getting GPS feed into 20/20 to work
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Barney
Posted 3/25/2009 23:25 (#656897 - in reply to #656848)
Subject: Re: Getting GPS feed into 20/20 to work

West Central, IA
Tried all the above except for calling PP - need 20 minutes to do it...on hold for a while this time of year to get through. I tried the direct harness from the iTC, then the feed out of Com2 from the back of the GS 2 with same results. Was set on 1 hrtz and tried just GGA without turning on RMC (RMC is only UTC and speed if I remember correctly). Then turned them both on and it comes up, then goes down. NO GPS goes to red TOO FEW SATS on the 20/20.

It feels like a filter or basically software issue. The latest update of iTC software may have a string missing too, I pulled it in on the laptop with hypertext but have not studied the strings yet to compare them to the protocal 'cheat sheet' to see if any string digits are missing or in the wrong order. That has happend before. I have not rolled the receiver back as I think this past update was firmware loader update and rolling back I think is dancing with the devil. All the rest of my iTCs are updated too.
SF2 slowed down to 1 hrtz is about equal to the hockey puck - quite a diluted deal (1 Hrtz at 6 mph = 8.8 ft. traveled before the next update). It would just be nice to pull everything off the same speed signal and less clutter etc. 20/20 should be pulling down 5 Hrtz, granted, it's just mapping but if they want to push a prescription through this thing someday, you need to have 5 Hrtz minumum in my opinion.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)