AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

JD implement switch on Insight
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 3/24/2009 21:45 (#655467 - in reply to #655436)
Subject: Re: JD implement switch on Insight

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
mcline - 3/24/2009 20:31

"Another post seems to indicate that if the switch seems backwards that a software setting can be used to reverse the action. This is true if the App Rate Module is being used as a switch to start/stop variety logging. All other Ag Leader Application modules (Seed Tube Monitoring, Stepper Module, Clutch module etc.) must have the implement switch mounted so that the circuit is complete when planting and broken when not planting. "

I was not aware that it was not able to switch it for those applications. I have never set one up that would have needed it that way so never tried to reverse it. I just knew that there was an option for it.

We are both posting at the same time so this is getting confusing. Yes, the App Rate Module will give you the software choice of NORMAL or REVERSED.

Other Application modules (Liquid, Strip-till etc.) do not give you a choice. The switch must complete the circuit when application is desired. Many whisker switches have three terminals: Normally Open, Normally Closed and Common. With those switches, if the action is backward just move the wire from Normally Open to Normally Closed or Vice Versa

Edited by tedbear 3/25/2009 03:29
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)