AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Do you have a camper and don't go?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

johnny skeptical
Posted 4/18/2020 20:49 (#8200511 - in reply to #8200112)
Subject: RE: Do you have a camper and don't go?

n.c.iowa

I’ll admit I’m not much of a camping person either, but my wife insisted that when the kids were young that we should “make some memories”.. so started off with a couple different pop-ups, and then bought a 25’ travel trailer, which we’ve had for 8-9 years.

i have not regretted one moment of it. don’t usually get more than 20 miles from home base, the county(s) have some pretty decent local campgrounds that are setup with spots close to each other,(group camping situation) or spots far apart if one wants some solitude.
in addition to the normal campgrounds. we’ve camped in private spots in cattle pastures, crp grasslands, groves, near rivers(away from the lower parts of the flood plain) .  We’ve setup in some pretty amazing spots.

Have a son that was a lineman he lived in it four or five months when he had to work away from home, if we have extra guests for a family function in the warmer months they have the option of shacking up in the camper. Lastly we have several country music fans in the family that go to at least one outdoor music concert each year, they’ll take the camper so they don’t have to leave the venue.

we typically pull our camper on one 200-300 mile round trip somewhere each year. But even if we didn’t,  it’d be worth it even if it never left the county.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)