AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Do you have a camper and don't go?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

stevr13
Posted 4/18/2020 18:43 (#8200112)
Subject: Do you have a camper and don't go?

Northeast Iowa
My family doesn't travel, I'm not much of a camping person either. The idea of parking a camper next camper to another at a park doesn't appeal to me.

That being said, I really like some of the late model used campers I've seen around. I do envision parking one in some of our private rec ground with a lot of wildlife and outdoor activity abundant. Maybe almost year-round, without running winter water.
We have had very little success trying to set up semi-permanent tents for more than a few days at a time - struggling with comfort, mosquitos, and wind or storms. Concern with a camper would be unique flooding events.

I also somewhat envision sitting in a camper at the grain handling facility at my dad's. It is a few miles travel for me, and a 1/4 mile walk for him if either of us needs to get out of the house to check or monitor it.

Do any of you have campers you think you are getting good value out of, especially if you don't use them for travel? I'd appreciate any advice or ideas for what you think or what I should look out for and avoid. Thanks

Edited by stevr13 4/18/2020 18:44
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)