AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anyone leased their property to hunters?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

NDCat99
Posted 4/22/2020 11:20 (#8209156 - in reply to #8191493)
Subject: RE: Anyone leased their property to hunters?

E ND
This isn't directed at you specifically Pigpiggy, and I think we all have different attitudes about our property, what it means to us, how much wildlife exists and if it should be hunted at all so this is really just a business post.

The current market conditions in ag are a great example of why diversification of income streams is important for everyone. A farmer/rancher's land (along with equipment) is one of the main income producing assets you have, and I think it's a great exercise to sit down on a regular basis and look at what else you could be doing to improve your operations success with spin-off operations that fit your local market, personal abilities and interests, etc. Some people might like a truck garden, some might have Christmas trees to sell, decorative rocks, mechanical work, freezer beef, custom ag, etc. I know the work is never-ending, but sometimes as someone mentioned below the "side" operation can be as lucrative as the main business and give you a cash flow that's meaningful to your business.

If hunting leases are in demand in your area and your beliefs align with that pursuit I'd 100% go for it! Check out the legalities obviously and make your wishes clear but it's just better utilization of your assets to use them in a different way that's complimentary to your farming/ranching!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)