AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anyone leased their property to hunters?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Pigpiggy
Posted 4/15/2020 13:12 (#8191493)
Subject: Anyone leased their property to hunters?

Texas
Someone presented that to me as an additional revenue source. A friend owns a low fence ranch that is highly prized for big deer. He mentioned to me that the money paid by hunters easily covers the property taxes on that ranch alone. But his situation is different with that ranch. He doesn’t live on it and is a member of a hunting organization. By agreeing to share advertisement costs, he also gets to share in the hunters who agree to pay high hunting fees per rifle. I don’t know if he ever increased fees or not but it was around $2,200 per rifle. These are what you’d generally consider trophy deer and not the kind with a controlled environment and genetics such as on high fence ranches.

Included in that cost is transportation to and from the airport, guiding on the ranch, lodging and possibly food, and maybe field dressing the deer. There might be other things offered to guests.

I wouldn’t have the interest or time to do the above. And I don’t like the idea of leasing year round to hunters where I’d have also have livestock at. It’s hard to trust people after seeing some of the things that go on.

But even with my opinions I’m curious if anyone has found a favorable way to make it work on their land.

Edited by Pigpiggy 4/15/2020 13:15
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)