AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Static Accuracy Testing of SF1
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

mx270a
Posted 3/23/2009 14:18 (#653754 - in reply to #653722)
Subject: Re: Static Accuracy Testing of SF1

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Long term, I plan to modify the software to do more detailed analysis of the data, including a graph of the DOPs, drift amounts, etc. The more of these tests I do, the more I learn what I need to be capturing and analyzing.

I would also like to see some side-by-side tests done, but getting that much equipment together is a bit of a challenge for me. I've done all my testing in the off season, so I don't foresee any blocks of time available for a few months at least. Maybe I'll be able to find some college students that want to do some seriously detailed testing.

I still maintain that the TCM (if it is truly just a TCM) will have no positive effect during a static accuracy test, and quite possibly will induce garbage into the results. The only way to determine how much of an effect it has would be to get two RTK enabled receivers and capture data simultaneously, one with TCM on, the other with TCM off. It would be even better if there was a way they could use a common antenna, but I doubt that is possible on the iTC.

-Lance
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)