AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Has New York CIty COVID peaked?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

JDpastor
Posted 4/5/2020 11:49 (#8166684 - in reply to #8166274)
Subject: RE: Has New York CIty COVID peaked?

I figured out the reason for the difference. BTW, thank you for updating your chart and keeping us informed. I believe your numbers are for the state of New York. The chart I linked to is for New York City. Part of the reason I wanted to look at NYC is because the virus has spread faster and affected more people there than in the rest of the state. It is actually a test on your theory about letting it just run its course. If my theory is correct, then the city of New York already has most people infected but the rest of the state does not. There are about 8 million people in the city of New York. If the death count for the city does not get over 5000 and most have already been infected, then we can breath a sigh of relief over this whole thing. At this point, that is a BIG IF. Data over the next week should give us more info. Also I think it is important to get antibody tests to a random sample of the general population of New York City to see if in fact it has spread to most people and if herd immunity is the reason for the reduced death count in that city or if it is some other variable.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)