AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anyone suffering from donor burnout??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

missyferguson
Posted 4/3/2020 20:00 (#8162067 - in reply to #8161490)
Subject: RE: Anyone suffering from donor burnout??

lower Michigan
Yes I have been burned out by organized charities. I gave a celebration gift to St Jude's in honor of the Lord blessing us with a healthy grandson after our daughters very difficult pregnancy. I received so many mailings asking for more money, sometimes weekly, along with monthly phone calls. I have also given to one ministry just to be bombarded by multiple ministries mailing their requests for a piece of my pie. Someone must have sold or shared my contact info.

We give to our church and contribute to 5 other evangelistic ministries. As far as community charities, we give on the local level. And we allow God to lead us as to who we can help on a personal level. When people go through a difficult time with illness, tragedy or loss of work, they often need a help up. There are elderly on fixed income that can't handle an unexpected expense. These are the times we can see a need and give a helping hand (onominously through the church). You can help directly without a go fund me invite. That way all your funds help someone directly without cash skimmed off the top.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)