AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anyone suffering from donor burnout??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Suey
Posted 4/3/2020 16:53 (#8161604 - in reply to #8161490)
Subject: RE: Anyone suffering from donor burnout??

WCIL

Church mission trips were a big  BS to me.   We did not go.. back then still had pigs we couldn't leave.    But,  they came back with pictures.  First  no one worked with our people...  they just sat or stood around and watched them work.    #2.  They had our people cleaning brush and picking up rocks with a Wheel Barrow.  2 of our people were  "wealthy".   Geesh...  go to the local  rental or John Deere and rent a loader tractor for the time you were there...  really get something done.    I assure you  our local John Deere would have said....  the check is good.    You mentioning that nothing changed.. no matter what good you did is so disheartening. 
  I give to no one that calls.   In fact I threaten them  that I'm looking at the Charity Watch newsletter...  They hang up pretty quick.   No one that calls you or advertises on TV  have over a B  rating...  and that's the good ones.   Most are C or lower.    And I only write checks in November...  The day I sit down... and look at my checking balance is a day I truly enjoy.   I feel so thankful  that we are finally at a place that we can give to charity. I absolutely hate monthly requests.   After trying to get a hold of them...  and they refuse  I start subtracting  $5.00 every time they contact me.   I quit giving to St.  Jude's  a few years ago.   This fall I tried again.   So far they've contacted me 5 times.  I figure  they won't get any money at all from me this fall.  Why can't they understand???    I have 3 national charities I support.    They send me a thank you and nothing else.  
Why can't they include a valid  e-mail with their solicitations?    I finally found one for the American Cancer Society  when they sent one to my in-laws looking for a lifetime  donation in their wills.     I let them have it.   Not 30 minutes later  my cell phone rang.   (and I had not included my cell phone number),  The women who called was so nice I couldn't be mad at her.   My in-laws were receiving about 5 solicitations per month.    The reason they got all those....  they were in the computer 5 different ways.   I finally got my in-laws' names out of their system.  
And then there is the...  give to the wrong charity and they sell your information....   The money and trees wasted on solicitations is sickening.    And I have to be careful when  donating to People's memorials.   If it is to a  National organization... I never write the check to the  Organization.   I write it to the  John Doe Memorial.

Lots of people will be suffering  financially in the coming month...  I'll be praying about how to help. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)