AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tell me why these numbers are wrong
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

fatan sassy
Posted 4/3/2020 16:39 (#8161584 - in reply to #8161529)
Subject: RE: Tell me why these numbers are wrong

northern edge of north central Missouri
dpilot83 - 4/3/2020 16:07

I agree that question matters a LOT.

But if you’re saying we are far enough into this thing now that we can know that answer, then we’re not going to agree.

I will say this. If we get to the end of 2020 and 2.8M people died (just like a normal year), we over-reacted.

If we get to the end of 2020 and 2.9 or 3M people died, we probably did about right.

If we get to the end of 2020 and over 3M people died, we didn’t do enough.

Right or wrong, I think that is where my position falls in terms of economics vs lives. I’m saying we’re doing about the right amount of intervention if it keeps actual coronavirus deaths (people that would not have died anyway in 2020) below 200,000. If we fail to keep true coronavirus deaths under 200,000, we’re not doing enough.

Fair enough. But we don’t know how many deaths Corona is actually adding. Statistics are so skewed.
Of course who cares if we overreacted in hindsight. Damage is done. What did we gain. Did it make much difference? Too many people taking full advantage of this for political/power gain for my liking. I would hope in another “crisis” on another day it would be handled more like in times past.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)