AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tell me why these numbers are wrong
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

fatan sassy
Posted 4/3/2020 15:51 (#8161492 - in reply to #8161449)
Subject: RE: Tell me why these numbers are wrong

northern edge of north central Missouri
dpilot83 - 4/3/2020 15:28

Maybe you should consider the daily average if you want to go that way.

The USA is getting to where we are having at least 1,000 coronavirus deaths per day.

So out of the 7,600 per day we normally have, 13% of that is currently from coronavirus.

Who knows how many of those would have died this year anyway. But taken from a daily perspective, it’s a significant proportion of our normal deaths that are now being attributed to coronavirus and that percentage will continue to get larger for several weeks.

Compare that with Italy who is further along than we are. They normally have maybe 1700 deaths per day. For the last 10 days they have averaged 783 coronavirus deaths per day and that is 46% of their normal daily deaths on a non-coronavirus year.

They have been in total lockdown for weeks and they still had 760 deaths yesterday.

I am suggesting that other deaths are down because a decent percentage are in the corona category. How many are in the “other than corona” category and is it up or down? Is that of no interest to you? Every death is very significant regardless of how it is categorized, right?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)