AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Alternative perspective
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

KsOkie
Posted 4/3/2020 09:51 (#8160645)
Subject: Alternative perspective

Sometimes I wake up about 3 am, wish I knew why, and cant get back to sleep. I have solved a lot of the world's problems from 3 to 4 am, unfortunately I forget to write them down so the solutions are lost now. But this thought hit me last night (early this morning), and this is not political and is not in support or against a party or an individual, just a "what-if" scenario.
Suppose we had all the ventilators and all the PPE stuff (along with all the TP), that was stockpiled prior to this outbreak. Suppose all the hospitals had all the rooms they needed to isolate all the people that needed to be isolated. Would most of the rest of the people even start to understand or pay attention to how this virus was spread. Would they see any need to self isolate or wash their hands or social distance themselves from others? How many more people would be infected because we had the resources to care for the sick? How likely would it be that stay at home orders would be given by anyone? Then what would the death toll look like?
Until we get a viable vaccine, there is a problem. Even with a vaccine, there is one for several types of flu, how much "unnormal" activity will help slow things down? I was taught as a paramedic that you could be one of two ways, reactive or proactive, sometimes the situation dictates which you get to be. You do the best you can with what you have. I think that is the American way, we try to do the best we can with where we are, and TRY to learn from it.
Flame away.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)