AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Easiest place to get keyed power at the modules on ag leader setup?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 4/3/2020 07:33 (#8160186 - in reply to #8159834)
Subject: RE: Easiest place to get keyed power at the modules on ag leader setup?

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
In situations such as this, I too, like to leave the "original" setup untouched if possible so that one can easily return to original if necessary due to a failure, trade in etc. If possible I try to do this with as little intervention as possible.

If the original "box" has a disconnect at the hitch, I try to make my connections match with the original disconnect type connectors so my adapter cable or the original device could be plugged in. Other times I've cut the wires but put a pair of connectors at that point so the original could be plugged back in. I do this as I cut them to make certain that the original wires will be connected back together in the proper locations. Usually different colored wires are present to make this obvious. Then I create my adapter cable to mate with that style connector.

I don't know what you are using for an implement switch but remember that it must complete the circuit between Pins 12 (12V) & 10 to inform the system that the drill is in the planting position. When I made the implement switch harness for my planter, I made a branch that leads to the tractor to a lighted rocker switch so I can override or observe the actual implement switches. Normally this switch is in the OFF position. I turn this switch ON for testing and other unusual situations. Even with the switch in the OFF position for normal operation, the indicator light will go ON/OFF as the planter is lowered or raised. This can be helpful if there is any doubt as to whether the implement switch is working properly.

I don't know if you ever have occasion to want to engage the Great Plains clutches with the drill in the UP position but wiring in a switch such as I did would be fairly easy at this time. The indicator switch would be wired in parallel with the implement switches. It would need a ground inside the tractor for the indicator light.

Edited by tedbear 4/3/2020 08:44
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)