AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Explain this ethanol detractors..
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

JonSCKs
Posted 3/31/2020 19:06 (#8154444 - in reply to #8154412)
Subject: Different Todd.

I assume your talking to me?

Actually no.. but I didn't answer your question from the other day.. 

my question has always been, "If it's cheaper why don't they use it?". Traditional answers are they would rather use their product (possibly because they have more hidden synergies and profit margin in their own product, in which case ethanol may not really be cheaper) and that they want to break ethanol and buy it up cheap. In your picture, it's obvious that it is cheaper and they are using it and they want the consumer to use more of it.

I thought your Oat Hay vs the Users Wheat was a good example.. they want to use their own products.  So Yes I think that is a Main Reason.

We can't view the Retail World in one Single answer.. "It depends"  The refineries are hard wired.. they crack a specific type of Crude.. They can not adjust.. without doing a major REBUILD..  They can Tweak some things.. but it's not like opening or closing the sieve on the Combine.  Their refineries are built to crack the Grade of Crude that they are getting.. More "Complex" Refineries have more processes that they can further refine to get a grade of a product that they want.. after that it's blending back the right low costs balance of "cracked" products to make the spec of gasoline which they are selling.. imho.

So it may not be cheaper.. ??

Well we used Lead.. that was cheap until it was banned.. MTBE.. available until the Liability.  Who knows where we are going.. maybe when the Class action lawyers get done with Syngenta and Roundup.. they'll go after the BIG $$$ in Crude Oil Refining?

We KNOW that the PRODUCTS they SELL are CARCINOGENIC!!  That is a FACT.

When the Liability of continuing as is.. becomes to high.. then they will change.

I suspect it might vary from refiner to refiner, city to city and pump to pump.

probably so..

Why don't we work together to solve problems BEFORE they arise?  Why don't we get the EPA to enforce the LAW.. RIN Prices should now be going up.. if Ethanol supply is being Curtailed..

IF WE DO NOT SEE THAT.. Then SOMEONE needs to CALL EPA and GIVE THEM WHAT FOR!!

We are NOT going Backwards.  Just not going to do it.

Edit Add:  your copy of my post contains a Math error which I corrected above..87 + 89 / 2 = 88 which is $1.73 vs the Unleaded 88 offered which I know is E-15 at $1.53.. I don't know.. but I suspect that the 87 includes E-10.. ??  so in order to get that extra point of Octane is REALLY EXPENSIVE.. what is in it that causes that?  As I noted above.. Casey's was going to do a promotional on their ethanol pumps.. so things could be.. out of whack temporarily.. plus all the turmoil going on in the energy and ethanol markets.. Still I have not seen Ethanol offered to the public which isn't Cheaper.. (at least around here.. so far.)

Edited by JonSCKs 4/1/2020 07:47
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)