AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Explain this ethanol detractors..
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

rank
Posted 3/31/2020 18:52 (#8154412 - in reply to #8153962)
Subject: RE: Explain this ethanol detractors..

SEON
JonSCKs - 3/31/2020 14:30

Todd pointed out something below which I overlooked.. Explain this... Mid Grade and Premium.

E-85 and Super 88 (E-15) are dispensed from separate nozzles vs the others in Red.

If Ethanol is too expensive.. why is it Cheaper at the pump?

I gave my answer below.. but don't cheat.. or tell me I'm wrong.  This was taken.. 3/27/20 at Pratt Ks.  Casey's.

Okay so I called the Store..

The Mid Grade was an Error.. it should have been $1.989 (Whoops  good help is hard to find.. God Bless those Workers who are showing up today.. and Besides it hurt Big Oil.. so NO PROBLEM!!)

TODAY they are.. E-85 $1.339
Super 88 (E-15) $1.539
87 $1.589
89 $1.889 (correct number btw)
and 91 $2.139 

They only offer the Ethanol in the Center Island.. those dispensers are like $30 k.. (and the card readers are not working..)

So.. how much does the NON Ethanol Octane costs?  (hint it's more..)

1/3 87 @ 1.589 + 2/3 89 @ 1.889 = 88 Non Ethanol at.. 1.79'ish vs 88 with Ethanol at 1.539 or $0.25 MORE.. at whatever level they are blending it at.. to make spec.

We're GETTING HOSED by BIG OIL!!

I assume you're talking to me? Just to be clear, I far from an ethanol detractor. As a crop producer, that would be silly.

However, my question has always been, "If it's cheaper why don't they use it?". Traditional answers are they would rather use their product (possibly because they have more hidden synergies and profit margin in their own product, in which case ethanol may not really be cheaper) and that they want to break ethanol and buy it up cheap. In your picture, it's obvious that it is cheaper and they are using it and they want the consumer to use more of it.

I suspect it might vary from refiner to refiner, city to city and pump to pump.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)