AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Raven flow meter to Gen 3
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 4/3/2020 07:42 (#8160221 - in reply to #8159147)
Subject: RE: Raven flow meter to Gen 3

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
That surprises me that they don't make an adapter cable to go to the very popular Raven flow meters. But if they sell Micro Trak flow meters I suppose they want to push you in that direction.

Cutting the wires to get them to mate would be a way to get a Raven flow meter to work. The wires in the Raven connector are very fragile. I used to work as a Tech where we had large supply of the Raven connectors. I would suggest NOT cutting the Raven cable to the flow meter but obtain a mating connector and install it on the PP cable. The wires have specific duties and must be connected properly. One wire will be ground, another power and the third is the signal wire.

The meter cal on a Raven flow meter is for 10 units or gallons in this case. This is historical since the first Raven controller, the SCS-400, didn't have a decimal point on the key pad. Raven decided to base their meter and speed cals for 10 units to increase the resolution. The internal math in the Raven devices expect this factor of 10. If using other controllers or monitors, simple divide the suggested number by 10.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)