AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

4cylinder diesel motor clatter-bent push rods-ok ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

JKM
Posted 3/29/2020 10:09 (#8148406 - in reply to #8148072)
Subject: RE: 4cylinder diesel motor clatter-bent push rods-ok ?

Whitehouse
324J used a 5030 engine if I remember right. Those engines use a friction washer and a bolt to hold the cam gear in place, it is not pressed or keyed in any way. I have seen a few of the 4 cylinder 2.4L cousins have a cam gear come loose and slip the timing resulting in bent push rods.

Not sure how you would check the timing without the right tools as there is a dummy pump that goes in place of #1 injection pump. When the pump lobe on the cam hits the dummy pump and stops, the timing pin should be able to be inserted into the flywheel.

If it is an engine with electronic unit pumps they are easier to remove and install. if they are mechanical pumps there is also a special tool to set pump position when installing it in regards to the fuel rack.

On edit, read some comments above, the lifters can be removed without removing the cam, when reinstalling used lifters however there is a bleed down tool that is used to compress the lifter before being installed, since the lifters were replaced though that should not be an issue. My money is on slipped timing.

Edited by JKM 3/29/2020 10:19
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)