AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New to me Agleader Integra
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 3/24/2020 23:13 (#8136746 - in reply to #8136514)
Subject: RE: New to me Agleader Integra

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Bottom Line Up Front (BLUF)- I believe the configuration that you have chosen to test with is incorrect.

I will be making certain assumptions about your sprayer that I believe to be correct but may not be.

The recent Ag Leader displays can work in a variety of situations. Everything from tillage to planting to application to harvesting etc. To do these various things many times various modules or black boxes are used. Configurations for various situations can be created.

When you try to use one of these configurations, the Integra checks to see if all the necessary modules are present on the CAN bus. The CAN bus is a 4 wire cable that goes to each of these modules and the Integra itself. This is how the modules "talk to each other" to handle the job. This is the cable with a red, black, green and yellow wires. Red is 12V, black is ground, the green and yellow wires are the actual CAN communication wires that carry the information around between the various modules. Every module needs to be connected. A "Y" connector is used in various locations to split the CAN cable to go different directions etc.

Your display might have several different configurations available. This all depends on how the previous owner or you have set things up. If you see a configuration and it has an X on it with an indication on a module with a circle with a slash across it this indicates that the module called for was not found. This could happen for several reasons. Suppose you use the Integra on the combine for harvesting, if you put this Integra in the spray tractor and chose a harvest configuration, the system will look for the combine modules which it will not be able to find. What you are seeing is telling you that the Application Rate module which that configuration called for is not present.

There could be various reasons for this 1) the module is present but faulty 2) the module is present but not connected 3) the module is not present because the configuration called for a module which is not correct for the situation. I believe this is your situation.

A connected module should show a blinking green LED. Try to find the modules and note what they are called. My guess is that you have one imprinted with Liquid Product Control Module. The configuration is looking for one imprinted with the words Application Rate Module which I believe is not present nor should be.

I believe the configuration that you have created or picked is not correct. There are various ways to work with application. Since you say a Raven 440/450/460 has been removed, I believe your sprayer should have two modules. One is connected to your section switches or actually contains sections switches AND the other is called a Liquid Product Control Module. I suggest that you look and try to find these modules.

The Application rate module is used to monitor a flow meter or shaft but does not control it. That is why I don't think that you have one if the Raven has been replaced.

I happen to use one myself to monitor the rate of starter fertilizer on my corn planter. It does not control it. It could be used with a sprayer but that would only be if something else is controlling the spray. If the Raven has been replaced by the Ag Leader to run the spray part of the sprayer also then Direct Command with a Liquid module is what you have.

So in summary, I believe the configuration that you have tried is not appropriate. I would try creating a new configuration completely from scratch. Create a new vehicle and choose SP sprayer. When you get to Select Application Rate controller add Direct Command Liquid product Control, you or the person creating the configuration may have picked Flow Meter which has taken the configuration down this incorrect path.

Maybe your sprayer is setup completely different than my assumptions. Your assumption about using the EZ-Guide for GPS is likely true. Even though it has its own capabilities, its only purpose is likely just to get GPS into the Integra.

Edited by tedbear 3/25/2020 08:42
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)