AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Metformin To The Rescue??????
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 3/23/2020 19:22 (#8132944 - in reply to #8132889)
Subject: RE: another non related anecdote

Pittsburg, Kansas

Good for you.

We normally eat lunch and supper now that we are back home.

When we were down south for 3 months two days a week I only ate supper, one meal a day, and got along fine.

The thing with one meal a day, if a person is doing a lot of physical activity, it is physically hard to eat enough in one meal. What we did was really almost ate two meals within a couple hours. We would fix a big plate of appetizers (probably a smallish meal) then an hour later eat supper proper. That seemed to work well.

Glad you are getting along well with it.

It is not that carbs are evil things or anything like that. It is just that too much of them makes us fat. And for people like me that too much of them too long and developed insulin resistance and ultimately diabetes, now I am very carb intolerant so I have to especially limit them.

What can be learned from that is that metabolically healthy people can save themselves a lot of future trouble and not have to do what I have to do by not going overboard on carbs and sugar to begin with. Had I somewhat limited my carb and sugar intake in younger years I would have never developed diabetes, not gotten over weight and would not have to be as restrictive now.

Carbs or carbs in combination with fat makes a person fat (because of insulin response). Protein and fat alone (without carbs to spike insulin) will not make a person fat because insulin levels stay low, not turning on fat storage.

John

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)