AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Metformin To The Rescue??????
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 3/26/2020 13:56 (#8140589 - in reply to #8140539)
Subject: 100# overweight - you gotta be kiding - before and after pictures

Pittsburg, Kansas

Thanks.

I had to go back for clothes again.

Decided 36" waist (down from 40) was where I was going to be. Dropped to 34 and the 36 stuff was too big but I cinched them up with a belt and wore them for work clothes for a while. Recently the 36 my wife just packed up and gave away because she said I looked horrible in them. So back to the store for more clothes.

And to add insult to injury I have to try on everything. Some of my old 34 stuff are baggy and I have to wear with a belt, some are just right. I may wear 32-33 in some.

The 2xl coats look like I am wearing a tent. Now I am in a large tall and some medium tall fit me. Several belt changes along the way.

Think I am pretty settled on 34 waist now. Have just a couple of tiny pouches of fat left where I used to inject insulin and some excess skin.

Looking at old pictures there is no way I would have ever imagined losing 100#. I would have guessed 50# over weight at the max. I think a lot of people are a lot more over weight than they realize or want to admit. Here is a picture from 2010 that I was probably about the same weight as 2018, give or take 10#. I definitely look over weight, but 100#???

Yet my body BMI is now right at 22, in the middle of the suggested range of healthy weight. I am 10 years older in the skinny picture, so that part doesn't look better, but look what 100# difference makes. I had trouble bending over to tie my shoes before. Had to almost hold my breath to get it done. Had to sit on the right height seat also. Now I can tie them in any position. Can't believe how much better I feel now.

Look at the difference in Carolynn's face. I think she has lost about 60-70# now and still would like to lose another 20. It has came off more slowly for her. The belly fat is stuborn, everything else looks fine.

Wife and I had to order two new motorcycle helmets cause the old ones just flop around on our heads now.

John

Edit: I thought the pictures were from 2012 but they were from 1-2010. So ten years younger. Long time to be that much over weight. Wish I would have know about cutting carbs a looooong time ago. Glad I know now. 55 years old in the before picture, 65 in the after pictures, both of us.

Edited by John Burns 3/26/2020 14:33

(John & Carolynn at Black Durgon 1-2012 small (full).jpg)

(John in Bonaire (full).jpg)

(CB1 (full).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments John & Carolynn at Black Durgon 1-2012 small (full).jpg (94KB - 11 downloads)
Attachments John in Bonaire (full).jpg (149KB - 4 downloads)
Attachments CB1 (full).jpg (109KB - 2 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)