AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

All Liquid P at Planting - Anyone doing it?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

GOOSEPILOT
Posted 3/19/2020 09:00 (#8118466 - in reply to #8118169)
Subject: RE: All Liquid P at Planting - Anyone doing it?

WC Mn/Dakotas
No most here bcast then chiesel plow in, some rig chiesel up and pull air cart. Most realistic only 4-5" deep, a few go 5"+. I only know a small handful thst striptill here locally.

For my growers, if we bcast its a higher rate, then if we deep band at a 3 deg angle to planter and 90ish% of seeds are within 4" we reduce say 20%, then if we strip with 100% seed within 4" we may reduce another15-20%. Thats just example, we look at each zone yield gial and each soil test, whuxh firm of nutrient and when its applied. Very ph, cec, o.m. etc driven system based on crop nutrient response curves and 30+ years enhancing the system.
It's a very on demand, minimal to achieve yield goal, higher too type mentality. If growers want to apply more they can, but its not going to give them better roi this year.

I can't speak to your situation, but probably dont ever put down more than 3-400 lbs of dry pk deep banded. Not because thats a safe limit, it's just thats what the yield goal needs. When the situstion arises that we are close to higher risk then we address that zone/field differently. Hard to run into limits here deepbanding with our fert plan, it's more of an issue for infurrow. For every 1/2" away from seed risk drops, quantity can increase.

Bottom line, if your pushing the limits, DO NOT take even your neighbors advice let alone someone internet head. You need to know lots of details to give specific advice. That's why I'm very in general on here. Now if your seriously interested and willing to pay and commit to a program thats different.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)