AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

They said yes to the spam call......
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

paul the original
Posted 3/1/2020 16:34 (#8075771)
Subject: They said yes to the spam call......

southern MN
Oh boy. Relative emailed (from their phone), say we seem to have some spam on the computer.

That happens, I can stop over this evening.

“Seems to be putting a lot fo stuff on the screen now.

Ok, I’ll see if I can sort it out.

“Yea, Microsoft sent a message to call a number, but I didn’t think that was a good idea.

That’s good, those are always a scam, bad news never call them. It never works that way, but you know I’ve said often enough, don’t call that nonsense back. Ever.

“Well, the mrs called, but it didn’t work, so we hung up, I had a bad feeling......

What, wait now, you did call and did they have access to your computer???

“Well, only for a little bit, it didn’t seem to work so we hung up after a few minutes. That shouldn’t have done much?

I said, well I will have fun tonight, I’ve never worked on one that got infected that way. I hear a lot about it, sometimes the easiest fix is to throw the laptop away and buy a new one if they put in a bad enough root virus, so -you- might not have a fun night.......

“Gulp.

Not sure I can accomplish anything, as those types of infections can be pretty deep, I’m not sure I will trust myself to get it all cleared up well.

We will see!

At least the two of them have a few hours to sort out who’s fault for this before I get there, they will have a rousing conversation on that I’m sure.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)