AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New drone setup
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

paul the original
Posted 1/4/2020 15:00 (#7951368 - in reply to #7951154)
Subject: RE: New drone setup

southern MN
I was flying my drone along a highway project, and suddenly it told me restricted zone, it would land itself if I continued. Yikes, I was across a river at that point and woods or construction zone or swamp was the area under me. Yikes! I got backed up and was ok then. But, yikes....

Some time later I found out I was flying by the juvenile jail, and that was a more restricted zone than an airport on the maps I was looking at.

Yes, you have to play with the video formats and such. Several combinations are difficult to play ‘anywhere’ but they often offer you the best video. It’s a balancing act.

I video a lot of stuff for others in 1080 just because that will work for them it’s an old standard that works ‘everywhere.’

I ask a lot of questions before videoing in 4K because many computers and tablets and even TVs can’t play it. This is getting better tho, but still an issue especially folk with a little older cheap computer. If people have the technology to use, 4K can really show details!

I find 2.7k is a good in between that few people have heard of but often plays good and shows a sharper detail. Once you get used to where and how it works for you, I bet you will pick this most of the time.

A free utility is VLC, it converts and plays many types of video on many types of computers and tablets. It tends to put up traffic cones as it’s trademark to show its working for you.

You will love and hate VLC. When it works it lets you play anything without a worry. When it doesn’t work it throws a fit and there isn’t much to do but rip it out. You get what you pay for, it’s good even with a hiccup.

I just added the VLC app to my iPad, it lets me see a lot more videos that I couldn’t before. They are big in working on a PC as well.

The trouble with video files is technology moves faster than standards do, so companies keep coming up with a new way to pack videos into a smaller file. This is good, but your software has to constantly update to know how to unpack these new file types. Just of late Goggle came up with a new format, Apple hates google of course so Apple doesn’t support those files. VLC lets me see them now on the iPad.

Paul
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)