AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Bit of a rant. Why is RTK so expensive????
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

jschuma
Posted 3/10/2009 10:40 (#638526 - in reply to #637481)
Subject: RE: Bit of a rant. Why is RTK so expensive????

Grand Forks County ND
What bothers me, for example, with a Trimble system to go from WAAS to XP is $2500, then from XP to RTK is another $2500. But if you go from WAAS to RTK it is still $5000. It seems to me the $2500 upgrade to XP is wasted. I believe with a 252 receiver the only thing that changes from WAAS to RTK is the addition of an antenna and unlock codes, now I am only talking tractor equipment. The omnistar system is very expensive to setup and run, I understand that. Is it possible that companies are artificially raising the price for a RTK system to sell subscriptions to Omnistar or Gs2? If it cost the same for Omnistar equipment as RTK which way do you think people would go? It would have changed my mine. I currently us a XP signal, and I am happy with it for the most part. I am able to plant in 22" rows then return to cultivate those same rows with a little nudging. What I don't like about the xp signal is convergence time. If was not for the addition cost from XP to RTK, I would of used RTK and invested in the local RTK network.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)