AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Any Mac experts?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

paul the original
Posted 3/9/2009 13:10 (#637324 - in reply to #637217)
Subject: Re: Any Mac experts?

southern MN
I am not an expert, my wife has a Mac and so I understand what you are saying, but can't add any help.

Zapping the p-ram is sorta electro-shock therapy to the computer. This is a good thread to show others, doing such major rebuild on a computer is a _great_ reason to do a backup just before one starts something like this. Small hard drives or memory sticks are less than $100, and can save a lot of frustration and rework.

I don't mean to be kicking a dead horse, sorry for your troubles. It is easy to say what shoulda been done. I had my old Atarti computer reformat the FAT tables for a hard drive partition (the index so it can find data...) many years ago and of course that held all my word processor, tax info, etc data. Then a couple years ago, my farm computer got it into it's head to download & install XP SP 2 - all 200 meg - on a dialup connection, and managed to wipe out all device drivers & manager & everything. How frustrating to be able to see my data, but not add any devices to export the data to - and the modem was one device it wiped out so couldn't even email myself the info......

Been there, done that, I understand.

--->Paul
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)