AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Any Mac experts?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

unifarmor
Posted 3/9/2009 11:13 (#637217)
Subject: Any Mac experts?

Western Oregon
I have been a Mac owner for most of my computer life. Upgraded from a Commodore "portable" to a Mac SE quite a few years back. I have never screwed things up like this before. At least not to the point of having to ask for help. It is all this switch to OS X. New fangled technology!
I have a G4, 1.4 iBook. It has been acting a bit sluggish so in my great wisdom I decided to zap the p-ram. My wife's Mini was having the same problems and I solved her problems by zapping the p-ram. (She thinks it is because I added extra memory, I didn't want to tell her what I did at the time)
So, when resetting the ibook she came in and started talking to me and I lost count of the chimes. So I did perhaps only 2 chimes or was it 4?
When I restart I get a grey apple and the spinner which goes on for hours. I tried techtool and repaired the HD and permissions, I tried the OS X startup disc that came with the iBook. The repair utility found problems which I fixed. I was able to mount the HD while running from the OS X CD. I set the system to the HD system. I hit restart. I have the same problem...
Of course my last back up was a couple months ago so I will loose a few things if it is dead.
Any suggestions?
Will check back infrequently as I obviously am using another computer...
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)