AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anyone using a hooklift truck to haul grain
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

bstclee
Posted 3/4/2009 20:57 (#631898 - in reply to #631740)
Subject: I Am

WC Wisconsin
I am.... I bought a hooklift truck (85 mack with 2 boxes and a flatbed) a couple years ago and I am using it for mostly for silage and a little grain and square bales too. It works okay because I really needed another silage hauler and bale hauling vehicle. I paid around 20 grand for it. My truck is a beast. 20 front/65rears and a triple frame. I am always overloaded with corn but don't tell. I only haul 3/4 loads of corn if I have to drop the box and move another. Last year we rented the neighbor's truck to make it easier (3 total ). Then I could keep up better shuttling trucks to the dryer. Dropping a box takes less than two minutes. Hooklift trucks are not cheap but if you need a multipurpuse vehicle they are better than a cable rolloff unit. Just back up and hook and go. No getting out and hooking up a cable The boxes that I bought had side swinging doors when I bought them... That worked until corn silage the first year. I spent a little time putting a hydraulic door on my 40 yard box. I really enjoy not getting out and having to open the stupid door. Last year we built an addtion to our freestall barn and I did the electric/water. I rented a big genie lift that usually we had delivered via rollback truck. This time I moved it with my flatbed. Worked great. I suppose I could go on and on about everything but if your still looking for answers or have more questions email me (in my profile) and I will get in touch with you.

Edited by bstclee 3/4/2009 21:05
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)