AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

garmin, which model?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Carl In Georgia
Posted 2/23/2009 22:41 (#620555 - in reply to #619342)
Subject: RE: garmin, which model?

Ashburn, GA, (very close to Heaven!)

Garmin Nuvi 200, a very good value at $128 from Wally World. I bought one, then my wife went out and got herself one.

I find the roads to be very accurate, and the routing to be pretty sensible, even more so than my Delorme I've used on the laptop for years.

I can key in coordinates as well as addresses. Today we went to Macon to see a friend in the hospital. We did a search "near" Macon, Ga, for Hospitals, and there it was. It took us right through a few downtown streets to the parking deck entrance and back out very efficiently.

The trip time estimates it gives you are very close as well. While riding along, you can click on the screen and it will give you your Lat/Lon, and nearest address.

No it doesn't tell you the name of the streets you are needing to turn on, but the name and direction of the next turn appear at the top of the screen, along with the distance away from your current position. Also, you can click the top of the screen and see a picture of the intersection of the upcoming turns one by one as you want.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)