AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

wifi and online gaming
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Cat33
Posted 6/27/2019 07:08 (#7584026 - in reply to #7583646)
Subject: RE: wifi and online gaming

NE SD
justbad7 - 6/26/2019 22:02

I don't know much about Fortnite in particular, but no way do you need 100 mbs for any online video game. I would say check your video cables and maybe your tv. Try different ones and maybe resolution. Don't know specific settings on a tv, switched to pc

Agreed, not a chance you need 100.

Friends kid plays Fortnite all the time and with the same ISP as I am. The speed varies at different times of day, but I've never seen it higher than 11mbs, and it's usually in the 7-8 range.

As for recommended for Fortnite, I found this:

"Fortnite Internet Speed Requirements
Fortnite is available on mobile phones, consoles, and personal computers, so the internet speed requirements may vary. However, most players are going to find that they need at least 3 Mbps download speed and 1 Mbps upload speed."

Now upload MIGHT be the problem, but I seriously doubt it as our ISP internet service speedtest never even gets it above 0.5 upload, and usually 0.2.....currently with very little traffic at 7am the test shows it at 0.4 right now. So I highly doubt it's even your upload speed causing the issue. I'd guess equipment (router/modem), or your over the air signal most likely.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)