AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

2003 Chevy duramax
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

redhunter
Posted 6/24/2019 21:21 (#7579980 - in reply to #7579620)
Subject: RE: 2003 Chevy duramax

Owensville, MO
My oldest brother bought an '03 2500HD new in April of '03. Ran it 100,000 trouble free miles before the truck started to nickel and dime him. Wheel bearings, u-joints, a-arm bushings. Between 100 and 150,000 miles he had a bunch of electrical issues also. Stepper motors in the cluster, radio quit. He had to have the headliner pulled to replace some kind of sensor that went bad. I'm wanting to say for the climate control but not sure. Had to replace the transfer case because something rubbed a hole in it and lost all the oil.
Never had any engine issues until 140,000 miles and it went downhill bad after that. First was a set of injectors and then it seemed like it needed 1 or 2 injectors replaced every 15,000 miles or so. After having several reputable shops work on it fixing injector issues he finally had a place in St. Louis figure out that the injection pump ( I think it's a CP3???) was slowly eating itself and contaminating the injectors. Had to replace the entire fuel system, tank and all for that one. That was at 210,000 miles and he sold it shortly after getting it back from that one. All total he had receipts for just over $16,000 in just engine/fuel system work from 140,000, to 210,000 miles. Said it was the most expensive vehicle to own per mile that he ever had. In all fairness we believe there was a lot of injector issues that would not have been had the fuel pump issue been diagnosed earlier.
I don't think he ever had an issue with the allison.

Joe
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)