AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Quickbooks or other book keeping software?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

OntarioCanuck
Posted 6/14/2019 08:38 (#7558430 - in reply to #7558261)
Subject: RE: Quickbooks or other book keeping software?

North of London
I also was using an old purchased version of Quickbooks and as well as not being supported for accessing bank records I was having other issues with it and my new computer and its operating system so went looking for a replacement.
I finally settled on the annual subscription to plain old Quicken as I am semi retired and do not need all the features of Quickbooks and the additional charges.

I am in Canada and many programs and even Quicken versions do not work well here and especially on a Mac computer so my options were somewhat limited.

But I have used Quicken and then Quickbooks since way back in the 1990ies so am familiar with the program although the new Quicken is more limited in what it will do compared to the original versions I used back then.

I do use cheque writing but only 1 or 2 cheques a month now as most payments are made online or by E Transfer.
When I began using Quicken I would produce dozens of cheques every month and as noted once the cheque was produced the book keeping was done AND you could read what was printed on the cheque. That by itself was an advantage.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)