AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

rain and now this idiot to deal with.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

hinfarm
Posted 6/7/2019 20:09 (#7546885 - in reply to #7546207)
Subject: RE: rain and now this idiot to deal with.

Amherst WI
Actually it was easy to come up with a value using hard numbers other than the beans which was a guess.

At the time I had no plans to have tillage equipment up there. It was going to be 30 miles away on the opposite end of what we farm.

I used rental rates out of the Iowa state custom guide for what the road time would cost, add in labor and fuel and that turned into $99/hr. I could prove fuel usage from the Nebraska tractor tests. Then actually discing with the Brillon roller behind it was figured out using the Iowa state guide again.

If he has a decent DA he can present the facts like I did. You can also lay your statement out in a letter to the court and give recommended punishment. I said I want to be paid for my damage and then when that happens 6 months probation starts, so exactly what they sentenced him with. The cop was great that night too.

All in all I thought it went very well. I had damage very similar to this the year prior just before Halloween just like this year (guy came to a party in the neighborhood). I'm sure it's the same guy, hope he learned his lesson.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)