AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Nutrients/lick tubs guys are using?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Galaxie64
Posted 6/5/2019 21:41 (#7543644 - in reply to #7542494)
Subject: RE: Nutrients/lick tubs guys are using?

WY, OK
bacon - 6/5/2019 08:13

Galaxie, do you run any mineral in summer. I have tried running lick tubs in summer and didn’t notice better conception rates. Good way to waste money if you have good grass in my opinion.

Of course, cows have access to mineral and salt all year round. This thread is not about mineral it is about a 30% protein tub that a neighbor wants others to chip in on and get his prices down. Protein tubs of any kind are the absolute most expensive protein one can feed and are not a supplement for mineral. Mineral in a tub form would be the most expensive mineral one could feed. High Protein tubs will be $1K a ton, cheapest sub 30% ones can get down around $550, I can get all the 30%-40% cake I want for $300ish, don't need anything that hot and usually give around a 15% in winter that cost me either side of $200. But it requires one to do more than sit in the truck and look at a cow licking a tub and feeling good about it. I'll use the "cheap" tubs only on one occasion and that is if I have to be gone for an extended period in the winter and cows need some protein. In those cases they'll easily blow through a ton of tubs in 3-4 days whereas a ton of cake or blend would last me twice that long at less than half the price.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)