AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Do You Have A Death Book?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

swne
Posted 6/5/2019 07:19 (#7542284 - in reply to #7542238)
Subject: RE: Do You Have A Death Book?

Cambridge, southwestern Nebraska
Yes I do. I handled my parents estate. It went ok but opened my eyes up to what I needed to do.
Your friends wife would be a good source of information as she goes through her situation. Probably would even help her to talk about what she is going through.
I like what your telling your wife as to who you would trust renting your farm. Also a discussion with your kids on how they would like the land divided or if it should be sold. Maybe no one wants to handle the business end of things. I would suggest talking to your daughters and divide the land and NOT have them own the farm jointly. That seems to always cause problems.
What about funeral arrangements? Regular burial? Open or closed casket? Cremation? Where to be buried?
A list of people to contact and where important papers are is very helpful.
It sure makes it easier on those left behind the more you can have arranged ahead of time. Take your time and think things through but get it done.
Last note...tell your wife AND daughters where this Death Book is and keep it updated!!! You need to keep your kids in the loop in case both you and your wife should die, say, in an accident at the same time.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)